Signup/Deadline for Interdisciplinary Grad Competition

Hi all,

I got your email addresses from the Graduate Council site. I’m reaching out to let you know about the annual Patagonia Case Competition hosted by UC Berkeley (in partnership with the outdoor retail company Patagonia). The cases are very interesting – a mix of business, scientific innovation, and policy – and the competition judges emphasize that they prefer interdisciplinary teams. This year’s topic is about sustainable packaging for Patagonia’s new-ish line of food products, Patagonia Provisions.

Already a LARGE number of Booth students have expressed interest, and I was hoping that over the next week (deadline to register is this Sunday!) we could get students from other divisions to sign up. I think that students from your divisions might be particularly interested and would appreciate your help spreading the word ASAP. You can also highlight to your classmates that the top teams get large cash prizes and the chance to go surfing with Patagonia employees in California! :smiley:

You can find the UChicago team building contact sheet**HERE** (first tab).

Given the rapidly approaching deadline, I’ll plan to send a reminder email to everyone that is listed on the spreadsheet as of THIS FRIDAY. After that, people who are interested will have to reach out on their own!

Thank you in advance for your help! If you/students have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me / Brian Wilson from Booth’s Rustandy Center for Social Sector Innovation (bcwilson@chicagobooth.edu).

Mical

Mical Judith Nobel
MBA Candidate | Class of 2019
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
+1.914.582.1608 | mnobel@chicagobooth.edu