[Announcement] Happy Anniversary & Call for Participation

It only occurred to me late last night that it was about a year ago on a Friday evening when I started this community (mostly on a whim). I had to go to my own profile to confirm what’s the official birth date and time for this site (as I was the first user):

ucgc-origin

…and indeed that was the case, so, for posterity, officially recording them here: November 9, 2017 12:43 AM

Happy first Birthday :birthday: to our grad community!

Here are some statistics from the About page to mark the occasion:

Site Statistics

All Time Last 7 Last 30
Topics 233 8 41
Posts 1.5k 68 249
Users 189 3 22
Active Users 13 59
Likes 122 3 18

So we have over 175 users now, not so bad given we never used any social media to publicize this community.

In this one year, I have tried and tested the system and feel very confident that it can scale to our graduate student needs but now I really need your help!

How can you help?

• Tell other grad students about this forum.
  • Ask questions and/or post things here that other grad students might find interesting.
  • Let me know by replying to this topic how this university-wide community may be helpful with your needs as a grad student. I am already working/talking with @grad-council and International House to understand their needs to improve this platform. The Events category was a direct result of feedback I gained from their needs.
  • Let me know if you’d like to use this platform for your department or division level discussion (cc: @rhyspovey). I am already experimenting with my own department’s @ phd group. If something like this works for other departments/divisions, I am happy to work with you to implement groups and private categories for your needs.

As always any other constructive feedback, ideas, suggestions are welcome. If you haven’t already, I suggest checking out the FAQ page for the well-thought-of community guidelines that will define the nature of discourse here. Thank you so much for being part of this community and helping it grow. Here’s to another year and more!

Would be interested to chat about a MACSS space, as an alternative to the bookie group!
@bhargav

1 Like